Welcome to Mountview's announcement page! We will do our best to keep this updated with all of the latest information concerning Mountview and our students. We hope you find this page useful.
Last updated on 12/10/2013 at 1:33pm
Mountview is in need of a cheering coach for this school year's winter season. Anyone who may be interested should contact Assistant Principal Brian McCarthy as soon as possible.
Attention parents: the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health requires all students to provide the school nurse with printed proof that they are up to date on all required immunizations before the start of their 7th grade school year. Please click on the link below to see what are the required immunizations for children ages 18 months to 18 years old, as determined by the Centers for Disease Control.
Other news from the Health Office:
Please click here to access an informative letter from the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health regarding the flu. Parents can also access a quick reference guide regarding the flu by clicking here.
Click here to access the 2013-2014 Mountview Handbook.
Attention parents: when sending in notes to the office, please be sure to include your child's first and last name. Parents and children often have different last names and parental signatures can be difficult to read. Including both names helps to eliminate any confusion.
Congrats to the 7th grade Chorus and Band students for a spectacular concert yesterday - great job everyone!
Reminder to all 8th graders: your winter concert is tonight! Please keep in mind that any student who is absent from school today will not be allowed to participate in the concert tonight.
Select chorus will rehearse today after school until 4pm. Wind Ensemble will NOT rehearse today, but will rehearse during Thursday's Activity Period.
The PTA meeting scheduled for this week on December 11th has been canceled. There will be a brief PTA meeting held at the conclusion of the Principal's Coffee and Chat on Friday, December 20th at approximately 10:15am. Hope to see you there!
Music students planning to audition for the the Central District Music Festival should bring their $7 registration fee in to Mr. Scoglio, Mrs. Mayhew or Mrs. Torode by Thursday, December 12th.
There is still room on the ski club bus for anyone who would still like to sign up. Fill out your application and get it in to the Mountview office as soon as possible. Please note that the discount date has passed, so please use pricing that is effective after 12/2/13 when calculating your payment.
NJHS will be selling holiday ornaments after Thanksgiving break. All ornaments cost $1 and will be sold at lunch time. Come on Mountview - let's get in the holiday spirit!
Monty Tech info
Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in attending the Monty Tech VIP program should see Mr. McCarthy for an application. The VIP program involves five 2 hour classes at Monty Tech where students can sample various vocational programs offered by Monty Tech. The program will be held on Wednesday afternoons on the following dates:
January 15th, 22nd, 29th and February 5th, 12th
Students will leave from Mountview at approximately 2pm each of those days and then return to Mountview at approximately 5:45pm. Students will need to be picked up at Mountview at that time.
Applications for the VIP program MUST be returned to Mr. McCarthy by Thursday, January 2, 2014. Don't delay and risk the chance of missing out on this exciting opportunity!!
Destination Imagination season 2013-2014 is starting soon!! Please contact Esta Singer if you are interested in participating. She can be reached at email@example.com or you can call or text her at (774) 232-1167 - please be sure to include your email address.
Please click on the appropriate link below to review class policies and expectations for Grades and Teams.
6 Blue and Gold
It's not too early to begin thinking about this school year! Click here for a Homework Zone application for the 2013-2014 school year.
Mountview Building Project
Interested in learning more about what's going on with the building project at Mountview?
Click on the link below to find up to date information on the project. www.mountviewbuildingproject.net
Click on the link below to for news and information regarding the Mountview Building Committee
A new policy has been established by the Wachusett Regional School District concerning middle school athletics. Only Mountview students are eligible to try out for teams at Mountview where cuts are made. Any teams that do not make cuts - cross country in the fall and track in the spring - will be open to students from other middle schools in the district.
Is your child planning to participate in Mountview Athletics this year? The following three forms must be signed and turned in to the office. Students will not be permitted to tryout or participate in athletics without having the forms completed and turned in to the school nurse:
Important information regarding changes to middle school athletics - please read both items carefully!
1. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Board of Directors voted on Thursday, June 7, 2012 to adhere to the Department of Public Health's policy regarding the physical exam required for participation in athletics. In order to be in compliance with the state regulation, physical exams will be required every 13 months to the day of the exam. For example, if a student-athlete has a physical exam dated September 14, 2012, that exam will expire on October 14, 2013. Meaning as of October 15, 2013, the student-athlete will become ineligible to practice or compete until they present proof of a current physical to the school nurse, along with an updated green card, signed and returned to the head coach. Please note that this is a change from the previous requirements that enabled a student-athlete to remain eligible for the entire season as long as their physical was current on the first day of practice. Please make certain that your child has a current physical exam that will last the ENTIRE duration of the season, or schedule a doctor's appointment as soon as possible to have an updated physical exam.
There will be NO exceptions to this rule, nor will an extension be granted upon receiving a doctor's note.
2. Due to budget restraints, the athletic fee has been increased by $50.00 per student-athlete, effective September 2012. The new athletic fee at Mountview Middle School will be $120.00 per student per season for all Mountview sports.
Notes from the School Nurse
Please click here to read an informative letter from our School Nurse.
Please click here to access a Physician Medication Order/Parent Consent Form.
Mountview Yearbooks & Panoramic Photos
We still have a few 2012-2013 yearbooks available for purchase. They are $30 and are available in the office. We have 2011-2012 yearbooks available for $15. We also have panoramic photos of grade 6, 7, and 8 available in the office for $17. All checks can be made payable to WRSD.
No Child Left Behind Report Cards for both Mountview and the District have been updated for 2012. Please click on the links at the bottom of this page to access the information.
Get involved at Mountview by joining the PTA! Click on the link below to sign up, then send payment in to the Mountview office with your child. We appreciate it - and your children will too!
Please click here to access a document concerning the WRSD plan for bullying prevention and intervention.
Dismissal procedure: please note, there are 3 ways for your child to be dismissed:
* at 2:45 with afternoon announcements. If you would like to pick up your student prior to bus dismissal, as part of the 2:45 announcements, you must notify the office. Either send in a note with your child or call the office prior to 2:30. You must park your car along the exit driveway (so that your vehicle is facing Shrewsbury Street) and come in to the building and wait in the lobby. Your child will be called with the end of the day announcements and you will exit the building with your student. If your child is to be a regular 2:45 dismissal for specific days (i.e. every Monday and Thursday for after school lessons), please send in one note for the year explaining which days they will be picked up at 2:45. Office staff and homeroom teachers will be notified, and your child will leave during the 2:45 announcements on those specific days.
* with the buses. Bus students are dismissed as soon as all buses have arrived.
* as a walker or carpooler. Walkers and carpoolers are called for dismissal once the buses have left. If your child is a walker or a regular carpooler, they will leave at this time. If you want to pick up your child in the car pool line, no note is needed. Simply pull into the entrance driveway (so that your vehicle is facing the Mountview building) and wait in the car. Your student will be dismissed when walkers and carpoolers are called. It is your student's responsibility to remember that they are being picked up in the carpool line.
FYI, homework requests are not done until a student has been absent for three days. Please request the homework when you call your child in sick on the morning of the third day. Many teachers post assignments on their websites, so it is a good idea to check there first whenever your child is absent.
Any issues with bus stop times, locations, or general concerns, please contact the bus company, Atlantic Express, directly at (800) 483-1669.
Got books? The Kids in the Kommunity Group, Smiley Faced People, are sponsoring a book drive to help raise money for our school and for the Abbey House. By donating your used novels, picture books, information books, and textbooks (no encyclopedias or magazines, please), you will be helping these worthy causes. Just put your used books into the Go Books? bin conveniently located in the parking lot at the front of the school. Tell your parents, neighbors and relatives about it. You may also bring books to Room 206. Thank you for supporting Kids in the Kommunity, Abbey House and Mountview Middle School!
Please remember to save your Box Tops for Education and turn them in to the Mountview office. We earn cash for our school that goes directly into our Student Activity Fund. This fund helps to support some of our special activities at Mountview such as field trips and enrichment programs, so please remember to support it!
Mountview 2012-2013 Parent Survey Letter
Mountview 2012-2013 Parent Survey Results
Mountview 2012-2013 Handbook
Mountview 2012-2013 School Improvement Plan
The No Child Left Behind Report Card for Mountview is available. Read it here.
The No Child Left Behind Report Card for the District is available. Read it here.
Older News Items may be found here.