Welcome to Mountview's announcement page! We will do our best to keep this updated with all of the latest information concerning Mountview and our students. We hope you find this page useful.
Last updated on 3/7/2014 at 8:32am
Attention parents: the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health requires all students to provide the school nurse with printed proof that they are up to date on all required immunizations before the start of their 7th grade school year. Please click on the link below to see what are the required immunizations for children ages 18 months to 18 years old, as determined by the Centers for Disease Control.
Other news from the Health Office:
Please click here to access an informative letter from the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health regarding the flu. Parents can also access a quick reference guide regarding the flu by clicking here.
Attention parents: when sending in notes to the office, please be sure to include your child's first and last name. Parents and children often have different last names and parental signatures can be difficult to read. Including both names helps to eliminate any confusion.
Click here for information on the PARCC Assessment
Peter Pan cast members: Click here for the March rehearsal schedule.
Attention parents: Mountview PTA is once again offering the option to purchase school supply kits for the next school year. Please click on the links below to order your grade specific supply kit - remember: you are ordering supplies for the 2014-2015 school year, so be sure to click on the link for your child's grade NEXT YEAR! Forms can be printed out below, completed and turned in to the Mountview office by April 4th, 2014, with checks made payable to Mountview PTA. Beginning on March 11th and running through April 11th, you can also order the supply kits online. Check out the links below for more information. This is a great way to save time and money and support the Mountview PTA at the same time. Order a kit today - when mid August rolls around, you'll be glad you did!!
Grade 6 Supply Kit
Grade 7 Supply Kit
Grade 8 Supply Kit
Attention all 7th grade Peer Mentors for Seminar: we will NOT hold peer mentoring sessions this Thursday and Friday, as was previously planned. Please stop by Ms. Hughes' room and write down your email if you haven't already done so. She will email you the next dates for peer mentoring, which will probably be more towards the end of this month. Thanks so much for becoming a peer mentor and helping out the 6th graders!
Attention 7th and 8th grade girls: are you interested in learning how to play volleyball? The Rutland Rec Dept is offering a 6 week instructional clinic on Wednesday nights beginning on April 2nd. The cost is $75 and the clinic will run from 6pm-7:30pm on April 2nd, 9th, 16th and 30th and May 14th and 21st. Click here to download an application form or pick one up in the Mountview office. Forms must be completed and returned to the Rutland Rec Dept, along with payment, no later than March 24th. Space is limited so don't miss out!!
There is a dance tonighthis Friday from 7-9pm in the cafeteria. Admission is $6 and snacks will be sold. Come on out for some fun!
Attention Mountview Staff and Students: SPEAK will be presenting its annual SPEAK Week during the week of St. Patrick's day, March 17th. All next week you will have an opportunity to write a message to a friend that will be delivered on the following Monday, which is St. Patrick's Day. Each message will cost 50 cents and can be written on a 4 leaf clover or gold coin. All proceeds will help to raise money for Mountview welcome packages given to new students. SPEAK is arranging some great activities for SPEAK week.....more details coming soon!
Attention parents: we are in need of MCAS snacks to help our students get through the testing sessions. We are looking for small bottles of water, and individually wrapped bags of healthy snacks such as pretzels or Smart Food popcorn. No items with any nuts, please! Snacks can be dropped off in the Mountview office. As always, thanks for your support!
Mountview PTA is proud to present "Peter Pan" as this year's school play. Tickets for Peter Pan will go on sale beginning Monday, March 3rd. The cost is $5 per ticket. Students can buy tickets at all lunches. Parents and family members can purchase tickets in the Mountview office between the hours of 9am and 2pm. Shows will be held on March 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th at 7:00pm each night. Don't miss out on this opportunity to see a great show - hope to see you there!!
Attention Mountview: The dodgeball tournament will be held after school on Thursday, March 20th. Thirty teams are allowed to register for the tournament, and 10 students are allowed per team. Each student will pay $2, so your entire team needs to pay $20. Once you have a team and your money, you can bring everything to Ms. LeBlanc to register. If you are unable to make a team, you can still play by signing up with Ms. LeBlanc, and she will find a team for you. The winning team, as well as the team with the best uniform, will win prizes! So come play dodgeball after school on March 20th and dress your best!
Attention parents of 7th graders: please click here to read a letter from Interim Superintendent Anthony Gasbarro regarding academic requirements for students to take Algebra in Grade 8.
Please click on the appropriate link below to review class policies and expectations for Grades and Teams.
6 Blue and Gold
It's not too early to begin thinking about this school year! Click here for a Homework Zone application for the 2013-2014 school year.
Mountview Building Project
Interested in learning more about what's going on with the building project at Mountview?
Click on the link below to find up to date information on the project. www.mountviewbuildingproject.net
Click on the link below to for news and information regarding the Mountview Building Committee
The Wachusett Regional School District encourages all students to participate in the extracurricular athletic program offered in District schools. All students have an equal right to participate on sports teams sponsored by the District. The primary factor to be considered when making selections for sports teams shall be the individual student’s athletic ability as it relates to the team at the discretion of the team’s coach and District athletic director.
Is your child planning to participate in Mountview Athletics this year? The following three forms must be signed and turned in to the office. Students will not be permitted to tryout or participate in athletics without having the forms completed and turned in to the school nurse:
Important information regarding changes to middle school athletics - please read both items carefully!
1. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Board of Directors voted on Thursday, June 7, 2012 to adhere to the Department of Public Health's policy regarding the physical exam required for participation in athletics. In order to be in compliance with the state regulation, physical exams will be required every 13 months to the day of the exam. For example, if a student-athlete has a physical exam dated September 14, 2012, that exam will expire on October 14, 2013. Meaning as of October 15, 2013, the student-athlete will become ineligible to practice or compete until they present proof of a current physical to the school nurse, along with an updated green card, signed and returned to the head coach. Please note that this is a change from the previous requirements that enabled a student-athlete to remain eligible for the entire season as long as their physical was current on the first day of practice. Please make certain that your child has a current physical exam that will last the ENTIRE duration of the season, or schedule a doctor's appointment as soon as possible to have an updated physical exam.
There will be NO exceptions to this rule, nor will an extension be granted upon receiving a doctor's note.
2. Due to budget restraints, the athletic fee has been increased by $50.00 per student-athlete, effective September 2012. The new athletic fee at Mountview Middle School will be $120.00 per student per season for all Mountview sports.
Notes from the School Nurse
Please click here to read an informative letter from our School Nurse.
Please click here to access a Physician Medication Order/Parent Consent Form.
Mountview Yearbooks & Panoramic Photos
We still have a few 2012-2013 yearbooks available for purchase. They are $30 and are available in the office. We have 2011-2012 yearbooks available for $15. We also have panoramic photos of grade 6, 7, and 8 available in the office for $17. All checks can be made payable to WRSD.
Get involved at Mountview by joining the PTA! Click on the link below to sign up, then send payment in to the Mountview office with your child. We appreciate it - and your children will too!
Dismissal procedure: please note, there are 3 ways for your child to be dismissed:
* at 2:45 with afternoon announcements. If you would like to pick up your student prior to bus dismissal, as part of the 2:45 announcements, you must notify the office. Either send in a note with your child or call the office prior to 2:30. You must park your car along the exit driveway (so that your vehicle is facing Shrewsbury Street) and come in to the building and wait in the lobby. Your child will be called with the end of the day announcements and you will exit the building with your student. If your child is to be a regular 2:45 dismissal for specific days (i.e. every Monday and Thursday for after school lessons), please send in one note for the year explaining which days they will be picked up at 2:45. Office staff and homeroom teachers will be notified, and your child will leave during the 2:45 announcements on those specific days.
* with the buses. Bus students are dismissed as soon as all buses have arrived.
* as a walker or carpooler. Walkers and carpoolers are called for dismissal once the buses have left. If your child is a walker or a regular carpooler, they will leave at this time. If you want to pick up your child in the car pool line, no note is needed. Simply pull into the entrance driveway (so that your vehicle is facing the Mountview building) and wait in the car. Your student will be dismissed when walkers and carpoolers are called. It is your student's responsibility to remember that they are being picked up in the carpool line.
FYI, homework requests are not done until a student has been absent for three days. Please request the homework when you call your child in sick on the morning of the third day. Many teachers post assignments on their websites, so it is a good idea to check there first whenever your child is absent.
The district's bus transportation is now provided by the companies below
A.A. Transportation Co. Inc.
Special Ed Transportation:
Emergency Line: 978-870-6655
Got books? The Kids in the Kommunity Group, Smiley Faced People, are sponsoring a book drive to help raise money for our school and for the Abbey House. By donating your used novels, picture books, information books, and textbooks (no encyclopedias or magazines, please), you will be helping these worthy causes. Just put your used books into the Go Books? bin conveniently located in the parking lot at the front of the school. Tell your parents, neighbors and relatives about it. You may also bring books to Room 206. Thank you for supporting Kids in the Kommunity, Abbey House and Mountview Middle School!
Please remember to save your Box Tops for Education and turn them in to the Mountview office. We earn cash for our school that goes directly into our Student Activity Fund. This fund helps to support some of our special activities at Mountview such as field trips and enrichment programs, so please remember to support it!
Mountview 2012-2013 Parent Survey Letter
Mountview 2012-2013 Parent Survey Results
Mountview 2012-2013 Handbook
Mountview 2012-2013 School Improvement Plan
The No Child Left Behind Report Card for Mountview is available. Read it here.
The No Child Left Behind Report Card for the District is available. Read it here.
Older News Items may be found here.