Naquag Newsletter - October 2017
Naquag School Parent Survey
- Friday, October 20 is Fall "Retake" Picture Day. If you would like your child's picture retaken - please send in the original pictures to school. If you child was absent on Fall Picture Day (September 14), please contact our front office for a picture order form.
- Thursday, October 26 is an Early Release Day. School will be dismissed slightly prior to 12:30. PM Kindergarten will not be in session. Lunch will be served to full day students (full day K, grades 1 & 2). AM K students are encouraged to bring 2 snacks. AM K students will be dismissed @ 12:30 with the other Naquag students. Bus stops will be "neighborhood" bus stops.
- December 2017 Concert: Wednesday, 12/20 10:00 (Doors open at 9:45) AM Kindergarten + Full day Kindergarten Classes First Grade: Mr. Emery, Mrs. Lizewski, Mrs. White Second Grade: Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Esposito, Mrs. Humphrey 1:45 (Doors open at 1:30) PM Kindergarten + Full day Kindergarten First Grade: Ms. O'Connor, Mrs. Szczuka Second Grade: Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Esposito, Mrs. Humphrey SNOW DATE: Thursday, December 21 - same times
A Note From the Health Office: Many parents are often unsure as to when they should keep their child home from school due to illness. Please click here for a list of guidelines that will provide some assistance. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If we all work together, we can make a healthy and happy environment for everyone!
Parent PowerSchool Sign-In
Cafeteria Lunch Pre-Payment
Eureka Math Information
Naquag is a Title I School
Full Day Kindergarten Information
Kindergarten Registration Form
(The October 2017 Naquag Newsletter has been posted.
Please click on the "Naquag Newsletter" above.)
Amendment to Student Handbook - Bullying Prevention and Intervention
Kindergarten Registration Packet
Report Cards / IEP Progress Reports
Report cards are issued three times a year. Teacher / Parent Conferences are held in lieu of the first term report cards (Grades K - 2). Click here to read a letter from Principal Estes with information regarding Q2 report cards.
Term 1: 8/29/2017 - 11/01/2017
- Teacher / Parent Conferences: TBD (Each teacher will have conferences on Thursday, 10/26 afternoon & an additional 1/2 day. Please contact your classroom teacher for additional information.)
- Conferences should be completed by 11/1/2017.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 11/7/2017.
Term 2: 11/02/2017 - 1/22/2018
- Report Cards accessible in Power School 1/29/18 after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 1/29/2018.
- NOTE: Report card access will be open until March 9, 2018.
Term 3: 1/23/2018 - 4/02/2018
- Report Cards accessible in Power School 4/9/2018 after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress Reports sent home 4/9/2018.
- NOTE: Report card access will be open until May 11, 2018.
Term 4: 4/03/2018 - End of School
- Report Cards accessible in Power School last day of school after 4:30 PM.
- IEP Progress reports sent home last day of school.
Naquag Elementary School is a partnership among students, staff, parents, and the community. Together we are dedicated to nurturing literate, competent, responsible students in a safe and secure learning environment. Our focus is to educate the whole child by honoring individual learning styles, setting high expectations, and celebrating in individual growth. Our vision is for every Naquag student to meet with success through this collaboration and dedication.
Please do not call the school for early dismissal except in the case of an emergency.
Early dismissal of children can be arranged through the office. Please send a note to your child's teacher including the following information:
- The reason for dismissal
- The time he or she is to be dismissed
- Who will pick up the child
No child will be dismissed to a person other than the parent of the child unless a note has been sent from the parent. Please come to the office and your child will be called to the office. We wait until parents arrive so that students do not miss more class time than necessary.
The district's bus transportation is now provided by the companies below
A.A. Transportation Co. Inc.
Special Ed Transportation:
Emergency Line: 978-870-6655
Please help support our school through the following programs:
Price Chopper Tools for Schools
- The Naquag School Code is 14257
Help us earn school supplies by registering your Advantage Card today!
Oct 25, 2017
Family Reading Night, 6:00 - 6:45
Oct 26, 2017
Early Release Day@12:30 No PM K, Lunch is served
Lunch is served to full day students only-not AM K
Dismissal will begin slightly prior to 12:30
Oct 27, 2017 6:30 PM
PTO Fall Fest, 6:30 - 7:30
Oct 31, 2017 10:00 AM
Wear Something Orange & Black Day!
Nov 01, 2017
Last Day of Read-a-Thon (donations/money due)
Nov 03, 2017
Read-a-Thon "Pajama Day"! Wear shoes to school
Nov 09, 2017
No School: FULL PD DAY for teachers
Nov 10, 2017
Veterans' Day - No School