Louisa Corazzini, BS, RN
Students who become ill or injured will be directed to the school nurse for assessment, evaluation, treatment and/or referral. Parents will be notified when a child must be sent home. If the parent cannot be contacted, the person indicated on the Emergency Card will be called. It is imperative that the Emergency Card be completed annually and updated as necessary.
The following is a list of Thomas Prince School Health Office Reminders:
• All students are required to have a current physical examination on file in the health office. If you have not submitted a physical to the health office in the past 4 years please do so.
• All students that play school sports must have a physical examination that is no more than 13 months old and be current on immunizations. If the physical expires during the sports season the student is required to have a new physical.
• All medications in the health office must be picked up by an adult by June 23, 2017. There are still many medications from the Washington, DC that have not been picked up.
• All medications (except those on the back of the emergency card) require a physician order and parent/guardian signature.
• Medication orders must be rewritten every school year by the physician and signed by the parent/guardian.
• All medications must be brought to school by an adult to the school nurse in the original labeled container. Please do not send any medication (over the counter or prescription) to school with your student.
• All students immunizations must be up to date and in compliance with district policy.
• Students entering grade seven are required to have a tetanus diphtheria booster (tdap) and 2 doses of varicella vaccine.
Please refer to Thomas Prince School website under TPS Health Office for health related district policies and medication forms.
Thank you and have a happy, healthy summer!
Louisa Corazzini RN, BS
Incoming Kindergarten immunization policy
WRSD Immunization Policy
WRSD Medication Policy and Consent Form
WRSD Physical Exam Policy
Allergy Action Plan
Bee Sting Allergy Action Plan
Health History Form
Physicians Orders for Procedures at School
Epi-Pen Emergency Authorization / Transportation Form
Epi-Pen Release Form
Epipen and bus transportation form
Screenings Opt out letter 2016
Click here for information on HEAD LICE
Click here for information on INFLUENZA