WRHS Fall Sports
Athletic Directer Jennifer K. Lynch: 508-829-6771 ext. 1629
WRHS 2016 Fall Sports Tryout Schedule
Online Registration: To participate in practices/tryouts, students must register online. Students who are not registered will not be allowed to participate. Activity fee payments will not be accepted until the conclusion of tryouts. Coaches will provide students with the deadline date for activity fees.
Physical Examination: In addition to registering online, students must present a copy of a valid physical to the school nurse before the start of tryouts. Students should have a physical examination performed by their family doctor. A physical examination form should be filled out and signed by the doctor. A copy of the physical should be handed directly to the school nurse. It is the responsibility of the family to ensure that a student has a valid physical on file. Physicals are valid for 13 months to the day of the exam. Students who do not have a valid physical on file will not be allowed to participate in tryouts or practices. Notes from doctors will not be accepted.
The Health Office will be open to collect and verify valid physicals beginning Monday, Aug. 1. Summer Health Office hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For students unable to see a family doctor, physicals will be offered at the WRHS Health Office on the following times/dates: 10 a.m. to noon Tues., Aug. 9; and 6 to 8 p.m. Wed., Aug. 17. The cost of the physical is $15. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students must sign up for WRHS physicals during the summer by calling the WRHS main office number, 508-829-6771, ext. 0.
Payment of Athletic Fee: The cost to participate in a sport is $250/athlete per athletic season with a maximum of $350/family per season. People seeking more information about the WRHS athletic program should contact athletic director Jennifer Lynch. After their child has been named to a team roster, parents should pay their child's athletic fee through our automated, Online Payment Center.
Duration of Tryouts: Unless otherwise noted, tryouts will begin Aug. 25. Tryouts will take place as long as necessary to evaluate all candidates, meaning students should be prepared to commit to multiple days of tryouts. Students are expected to attend all tryout sessions.
- Boys Cross Country: All candidates report to the lobby outside the nurse's office at 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25. The team will also practice at 9 a.m. on both Friday, Aug. 26, and Monday, Aug. 29; and at 3 p.m. the first day of school, Tuesday, Aug. 30. For information, contact coach Brian Wallace, email@example.com.
- Girls Cross Country: All candidates report to the lobby outside the gym at 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25. For information, contact head coach Mike O'Malley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Field Hockey: All candidates report to the platform in back of the gym at 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25. The first tryout session will run from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Contact: Head coach Kerry Berry, email@example.com
- Football: WRHS football will begin Friday, August 19. All candidates report to Hal Lane (turf) Field for practice from 6 to 8 p.m. Contact: Head coach Mike Dubzinski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boys Golf: Tryouts for all new players will begin at 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25 at Lancaster Golf Center (438 Old Union Turnpike, Lancaster). While at the range, players will make tee times for open tryouts. All returning players will make tee times directly with Coach Guerin. Tee times will be available on a first come, first served basis. All players are expected to have their own equipment. For more information, contact head coach Nick Guerin, email@example.com.
- Boys Soccer: Tryouts are scheduled by school grade. Candidates should attend their grade's scheduled time unless the coaches tell a candidate differently. Players must wear a gray or white shirt and dark shorts to all tryout sessions. Contact: Head coach Jason Gaumond, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, Aug. 25: Juniors and seniors report to Lane (turf) Field from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and from 3 to 5 p.m. Freshmen report to Lane Field from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sophomores report to Lane Field from 7 to 9 a.m..
- Friday, Aug. 26: Freshman and sophomores report to Grass Field from 10 a.m. to noon. Juniors and seniors report to Lane Field from 8 to 10 a.m. and from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 27: Varsity only report to Lane Field from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Girls Soccer: Tryouts are scheduled by school grade. Candidates should attend their grade's scheduled time unless the coaches tell a candidate differently. Returning varsity players will attend junior/senior or varsity sessions only. Players must wear a gray or white shirt to all sessions; they should bring a soccer ball, running shoes, shin guards and a water bottle. Sunscreen is advised. Contact: Head coach David Gentleman, email@example.com
- Thursday, Aug. 25: juniors and seniors report to Lane (turf) Field from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., and from 5 to 7 p.m. Freshmen report to Track Field from 8 to 10 a.m. Sophomores report to Track Field from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Friday, Aug. 26: Freshman report to Track Field from 8 to 10 a.m. Sophomores and juniors (non-returning varsity players) report to Lane Field from 10 a.m. to noon and from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Returning varsity players report to Lane Field from noon to 2 p.m. and from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 27: Freshmen and sophomores report to Lane Field from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Juniors and seniors report to Lane Field from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball: All tryouts will take place in the WRHS gym.
- Thursday, Aug. 25 and Friday, Aug. 26: All sophomores: 9 to 11:30 a.m. All juniors and seniors (varsity): noon to 2:30 p.m. All freshmen: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Candidates should report to the gym 15 minutes before their start times. All freshmen should have their last names printed on the backs of their shirts for tryouts.
- Saturday, Aug. 27: Freshmen, 9 to 11 a.m. Sophomores: noon to 2 p.m. All juniors and seniors: Off.
- Monday, Aug. 29: all juniors and seniors 2:30 to 5 p.m. All freshmen and sophomores: Off. Contact: Head coach Jennifer Burton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Sports Venues: All fall home games take place at Wachusett Regional High School, 1401 Main Street, Holden, MA, except Boys Golf, which plays its home matches at Holden Hills Country Club, 1800 Main St., Holden.