Class of 2019
Class Administrator: Ms. Victoria DeSimone, 508-829-6771 ext. 1633
Upper School Secretary: Karen Lapierre, Ext. 1623
Class Advisers: Greg Chandonnet, Matt Lane, Sarah Lefebvre, Lynn Leschke, Linda Sasso
Class Officers: Donroy Ferdinand Jr., president; Mitchell Larose, vice president; Gabrielle O'Connor, treasurer; Shaylee McGuinness, secretary
Student Council: Hugo Barberis, Ben Miller, Luke Miller
WRHS Student Handbook
Important Information for Seniors
Yearbook Information: Ms. Michelle Waire, Freshmen Seminar teacher, has been named editor of the 2019 yearbook and Ms. Kayla Lewis, Physics teacher, will remain the financial advisor to the yearbook. If you have any questions regarding any aspects of the yearbook and the process involved, please reach out to the advisors at email@example.com as they will be happy to assist. Click here for general Yearbook information. Click here for information on having your Senior Portraits taken.
The yearbook staff needs to make sure that all seniors have registered for the Yearbook Google Classroom. It is in this classroom that you will receive all information regarding necessary forms and deadlines for photo and quote submissions, as well as purchasing. Please see Ms. DeSimone or Ms. Lapierre in the Upper School Office or Ms. Waire in C115 to receive the access code to yearbook Google classroom. The access code will be available from senior homeroom teachers Oct. 30.
The due date for your biography and quote is Novembert 16. The maximum number of characters you may enter is 300. Even if you are not planning to add a quote, please still fill in the three required name sections and leave the rest blank. Click here to submit Senior Bio/Quotes.
To submit a photo by an outside photographer, please follow these procedures:
- Submissions must be a digital file that is either a JPEG or TIFF format at 300 DPI. Photos not up to this standard will not be accepted by the yearbook software. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Students may submit two photos. The primary photo will appear larger. All portraits must be vertical. Primary portrait to include the named student only. No friends or pets in primary yearbook selection. Pets, sports props, etc, may be used in the secondary photo (no weaponry).
- There should be no studio logo or name imprinting on the front of your photograph/file.
- Head and shoulders recommended
- Click here to submit photos from an outside photographer.
O'Connor's Studio will be at WRHS November 9 to take portraits. If you are interested in this option, please click here to make an appointment.
Reminder: The price for a 2019 yearbook increases Dec. 2, 2018. Early bird price: $59. Beginning Dec. 3 the price goes to $70. The final date to order a yearbook online is April 3, 2019. Order yours online today.
Finally, it is very important that we have volunteers from the Class of 2019 to assist with the development of the yearbook. There are many ways to help and by doing so you can ensure you get the yearbook you want. If interested please use the email above to contact the advisors.
Late Entry/Early Dismissal: Seniors may apply for Late Entry/Early Dismissal by downloading and filling out the Late Entry/Early Dismissal Application. That application, signed by the student and a parent, must be turned in to either the Main Office or the Upper School Administration Office (B201).
Parking Permit Applications for 2018-2019: Student parking permits will be issued to seniors only. To be eligible, seniors must have paid all outstanding parking tickets from 2017-2018. Seniors may submit their completed parking application and pick up their parking permits from Ms. Lapierre in the Upper School Office at the following times: from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22, and Thursday, Aug. 23; from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 24, and Monday, Aug. 27. Copies of the student's driver's license, car registration, and insurance binder, along with the permit fee check of $150, must accompany any application. All seniors in good standing who turn in a valid application will receive a parking permit.
Daily Parking Passes: A limited number of parking spaces will be available at a cost of $2 per day. Seniors are eligible to buy five daily passes per quarter. Seniors must show a drivers license and provide the make/model for the car they intend to bring to school. Because daily passes are limited, seniors are encouraged to buy a pass at least 24 hours in advance to secure a spot. Parking on campus without a valid pass or permit will result in a ticket.
Classroom Learning Assistants: The CLA program places Upper School students in Lower School classrooms to assist teachers and students. An overview of the program is available in E113 and the Main Office. Students seeking more information should contact Ms. Bosco in E113. Click here for the Classroom Learning Assistant Application. CLAs from last year do not have to apply again. All accepted students will go through a brief training session with Ms. Bosco.
Class Dues: Class dues for WRHS students is $100 over four years. Students may pay the $100 as a lump sum, or may pay $25 yearly. Class dues is used to help defray the costs of class trips, proms, and other class events. Checks should be made payable to WRSD and payments can be dropped off to Mrs. Lapierre in the Upper School Office. For information on class dues or to find out how much dues your child owes, contact the adviser in charge, Ms. Linda Sasso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Notifications: The Wachusett Regional School District is required by federal law to release the names and contact information of students to military recruiters and institutions of higher learning. Parents and eligible students have the right to "opt out" of having a student's name and information released by contacting the District in writing and requesting the information not be released. Click here for a letter explaining the notification and "opt out" process and the form to be completed for the "opt out" to take effect.
Bringing a Guest to a WRHS Event: If a WRHS student wants to bring a guest to a WRHS dance or other school function, the guest must fill out a WRHS Dance Permission Form. The completed form must be turned in when the WRHS student is buying tickets for the event.
Important information for all students:
Clubs and Activities: WRHS offers many extracurricular activities for students. Students can find a full listing of clubs, musical groups, and athletic teams on the Clubs and Activities page of the website. If a student wishes to form a new club, the student must download the Application to Form a Club, fill it out and bring it to the main office.
SAT Registration/Administration: Students must register for the SAT online. There is no more standby testing. Students with questions should contact their guidance counselor. For information on SATs and to register, please visit the College Board website.
Please review these rules for taking the SAT:
- All testers must have an acceptable ID (Driver's license, passport, school ID, state ID) with a passport-quality headshot that must resemble their present appearance. Even with a picture on a registration ticket and even if we know the students personally, we cannot admit them without an acceptable ID.
- All testers must have their SAT registration ticket with them at all times during test day. Without a ticket, we cannot admit them even if they are on the roster and even if we know them.
- No more test center or test changes. For example, if someone changes her mind on test day to take a subject test instead of the regular test, we cannot permit the change. The same goes for center changes. A student registered at Burncoat, for example, cannot come to Wachusett.
- The only test changes possible are non-standard to standard (and vice versa). Those with accommodations can only waive their rights with written permission from a parent or legal guardian. Otherwise they must report to the extended-time proctor. Those registered for the regular SAT or Subject Test, who come with SSD approval letters for extended time (or other accommodations), can switch to the non-standard administration (i.e., they can go to the extended time room).
- All testers must have a picture on their registration. Exception: 7th/8th-grade talent search students.
Scholarship Opportunities Through Naviance
College Planning: Seniors should be starting their college application process. More information, helpful hints and many resources are available on the WRHS Going to College web page.