Class of 2018
Class Administrator: Mr. Michael Pratt, 508-829-6771 ext. 1632
Upper School Secretary: Karen Lapierre, Ext. 1623
Class Advisers: Karl Hartshorn, Kerri Knorring, Chelsea L'Ecuyer, Kathy Mitchell, Dan Whitmore
Class Officers: Kalli Whiting, president; Caroline Pingeton, vice president; Eleanor Lazar, treasurer; Elizabeth Dowd, secretary
Student Council Representatives: Olivia Chaponis, president; Tyler Nguyen, vice president; Evan Mizerak, treasurer; Elizabeth Hart, secretary;
Cailtin Mott, historian; Paul Bartlett, Dylane Moore
WRHS Student Handbook
Important Information for Seniors
Class of 2018 Yearbooks: Orders are now being accepted for the WRHS Class of 2018 Yearbook. To order a yearbook or to place a parent ad, click here, enter the school code, and follow all directions. The WRHS school code is 10666518. Pre-orders for yearbooks must be submitted by Feb. 1.
Daily Parking Passes: A limited number of parking spaces will be available at a cost of $2 per day. Juniors and seniors without a parking permit may buy a day pass, with a maximum of five passes purchased per quarter. Passes will be available in the main office, and students should purchase the pass 24 hours in advance, as parking spaces cannot be guaranteed on the day of the request. Plan ahead if you need to bring a car to school.
Class Dues: Class dues for WRHS students is $100 over four years. Students may pay the $100 as a lump sum, or may pay $25 yearly. Class dues is used to help defray the costs of class trips, proms, and other class events. Checks should be made payable to WRSD and payments can be dropped off to Mrs. Lapierre in the Upper School Office. For information on class dues or to find out how much dues your child owes, contact the adviser in charge, Ms. Kathy Mitchell at email@example.com
Military Notifications: The Wachusett Regional School District is required by federal law to release the names and contact information of students to military recruiters and institutions of higher learning. Parents and eligible students have the right to "opt out" of having a student's name and information released by contacting the District in writing and requesting the information not be released. Click here for a letter explaining the notification and "opt out" process and the form to be completed for the "opt out" to take effect.
Bringing a Guest to a WRHS Event: If a WRHS student wants to bring a guest to a WRHS dance or other school function, the guest must fill out a WRHS Dance Permission Form. The completed form must be turned in when the WRHS student is buying tickets for the event.
Parking Permit Applications for 2017-2018: Parking Permit applications are now available. Seniors may bring in or mail their completed applications to the school over the summer. Seniors should read the Parking Rules and Regulations and complete the Parking Permit Application. Please note that copies of the student's driver's license, car registration, and insurance binder, along with the permit fee check of $150, must accompany the application. All seniors in good standing who turn in a valid application will receive a parking permit.
Classroom Learning Assistants: The CLA program places Upper School students in Lower School classrooms to assist teachers and students. An overview of the program is available in E113 and the Main Office. Students seeking more information should contact Ms. Bosco in E113. Click here for the Classroom Learning Assistant Application. CLAs from last year do not have to apply again. All accepted students will go through a brief training session with Ms. Bosco.
Late Entry/Early Dismissal: Seniors may apply for Late Entry/Early Dismissal by downloading and filling out the Late Entry/Early Dismissal Application. That application, signed by the student and a parent, must be turned in to either the Main Office or the Upper School Administration Office (B201).
Important information for all students:
Clubs and Activities: WRHS offers many extracurricular activities for students. Students can find a full listing of clubs, musical groups, and athletic teams on the Clubs and Activities page of the website. If a student wishes to form a new club, the student must download the Application to Form a Club, fill it out and bring it to the main office.
SAT Registration/Administration: Students must register for the SAT online. There is no more standby testing. Students with questions should contact their guidance counselor. For information on SATs and to register, please visit the College Board website.
Please review these rules for taking the SAT:
- All testers must have an acceptable ID (Driver's license, passport, school ID, state ID) with a passport-quality headshot that must resemble their present appearance. Even with a picture on a registration ticket and even if we know the students personally, we cannot admit them without an acceptable ID.
- All testers must have their SAT registration ticket with them at all times during test day. Without a ticket, we cannot admit them even if they are on the roster and even if we know them.
- No more test center or test changes. For example, if someone changes her mind on test day to take a subject test instead of the regular test, we cannot permit the change. The same goes for center changes. A student registered at Burncoat, for example, cannot come to Wachusett.
- The only test changes possible are non-standard to standard (and vice versa). Those with accommodations can only waive their rights with written permission from a parent or legal guardian. Otherwise they must report to the extended-time proctor. Those registered for the regular SAT or Subject Test, who come with SSD approval letters for extended time (or other accommodations), can switch to the non-standard administration (i.e., they can go to the extended time room).
- All testers must have a picture on their registration. Exception: 7th/8th-grade talent search students.
Scholarship Opportunities Through Naviance
College Planning: Seniors should be starting their college application process. More information, helpful hints and many resources are available on the WRHS Going to College web page.